Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-13-2020, 08:17 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Is my platy fish pregnant?

Iíve had my female platy fish in a tank with a male platy fish for about two months now ( I know that isnít the recommended ratio of having 2-3 females for every male but theyíve been together for almost two months now and we havenít had any issues ) So Iíve noticed that my female platyís stomach is getting quite larger and I was wondering if she is pregnant. I wanted to keep as many fry as possible so I moved her into her very own three gallon tank by herself to deliver the fry. ( Iím not even positive if she is pregnant but I think itís a possibility ). Can yíall help me and tell me if yíall think sheís pregnant or just fat? And if yíall think she is how long until she will deliver?
Attachment 316618Attachment 316620

Tags
fish, platy, pregnant

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com