Is my platy pregnant???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm pretty sure plattys can store semen for a few months, and continue to become preggers w/out any males present.

I'm pretty sure plattys can store semen for a few months, and continue to become preggers w/out any males present.

I have one that is being a naughty lady..She had some 4wks ago, then dropped some I think 2wks ago too..?! (6, then 4.)

They have to be inpregnated, but can store sperm, like guppies.. (Please correct me!)

Its so adorable when they start getting the Mickey Mouse heads, I have some MM platy fry and they are so cute and grow very fast, faster them my guppy fry/

I have to say, i am fed up of my platys breeding!! Lol! I'm a Guppy-Lover myself..!

I've moved more to betta comm. Tanks. I have a 5 gal betta neon tank, and a 10 gal crowtail betta with kuhli loaches and corys, and I'm getting a 30 gal betta sorority planted tank in the next few months. The plattys I always got were just too nippy..

Aww! She's having babies! That's so cute!
I visited a friend once that had clownfish in their saltwater aquarium that were preparing to have babies, but all of them got eaten.
I think breeding fish would be rather interesting.

Just an update, After talking on here I went to town and was busy for a few hours. when I came home its like she was popped. I dont know if she had some babies in the community tank ( who are most likely eaten by now) or if it was something else, shes a bit tubby still but not swollen like she was or anything. Then I started liking the idea of them having babies and I bought a male for my 3 females. So far everyones getting along well in the tank. how long do you think before he will breed with them? and will he breed all 3, or does he like... wait a few weeks? (lol sorry, Im just unsure)

Heehee!!!
He'll be "ponking" every girl in there..!!
Trouble is, they breed like wildfire! Have fun..! xx
P.s, if ur babies haven't been eaten, then they will be hiding.. They come out, @ the time the biggest mouth can't eat them!!

Yeah I have one male with 6 females. Bad idea lol. Once reading up and learning about them breeding and what to look for, we realize a few are expecting! We actually found 2 babies last week up in the floating plants that we have. We arent sure which one had them. Now we see that 2 others are about to pop any day. If you see it happen again and one gets really big, you can see little black dots underneath her. Thats the eyes of the babies inside her stomach. We can see them clear as day with one of ours. We plan to get another little tank to put them in. Hopefully she holds out until then lol. But they are super cute and they do a good job in hideing when the others go up around them

Yeah... Unless you put them in a separate tank, like most people say majority dont make it...which is unfortunate. We are gonna do what we can to keep the 3 babies we found alive. So far so good!

I set up my 10 gallon for a breeding tank, I plan on switching the gravel to sand though, just so its nicer, and its stocked really well with silk plants, so there will be lots of hiding spots for the babies... then if I dont want them mroe prego I'll probably separate the male, let them finish off with their self-breeding or whatever, then I can keep him in the tank by himself. Do you think he'd get along with 3 female guppies? then they wont breed and he wont be lonely

This is off topic I suppose, but does anyone know if this would work for an aquarium
its pfs, but I don't know what silurian means lol
"SAND, SILURIAN FILTER APRX 50LB"

GoldfishNewbie said:
This is off topic I suppose, but does anyone know if this would work for an aquarium
its pfs, but I don't know what silurian means lol
"SAND, SILURIAN FILTER APRX 50LB"

Neither do I lol. Google it.

she is pregnant mine gave birth today and right before she looked just like that

Back
Top Bottom