Is my platy pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emilyporter

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Not the best pictures, I do apologize :/

She's been looking a lot rounder/fatter the past week or so, and today I've noticed that she's stayed at the bottom of the tank in the plants, which I heard was a sign that she might be giving birth soon? I've looked for a gravid spot but due to her colours I can't see one, so I'm not sure if she's pregnant (I hope so!) or just fat :p

Thank you in advance :)

970568_464724203621940_1810779774_n.jpg

I don't think that's a platy. Looks like a Dalmatian Molly to me. I could be wrong, but its not shaped like my platies at all. If she is pregnant, it will be a while. She is not squared off in the pics...

No it looks like a platy to me. Yes shes pregnant ) I can see her gravid spot, it's just not all that dark. But sometimes it doesnt get dark, depends on the fish. I'd say she's pretty close, but it's hard to say for sure because every fish is different :)

I'm not sure if she's a platy or a molly o_O I bought her as a platy, but then again, I've bought "platys" from that store before and they're turned out to be swordtails etc so I'm not sure. Thanks for your answers guys! :)

Definitely looks like a platy to me. And yes she does look pregnant.

Back
Top Bottom