Is my platy prego?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sillygirl423

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am not sure if she is or not we got her last week. The male wouldn't leave her alone so I put her in the breeder. If she is pregnant how do I tell how far along she is?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110721_123730.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110721_123730.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 160
Okay thanks soo much this is my first go 'round with breeding fish. I've never had anything other than gold fish, but I loved them.

I would take her out of the breeder. SInce she isnt about to pop, she shouldnt be in there quite yet because it stresses them out.
Like said above, wait a couple weeks and see where she is.
She definitely shouldnt stay in there right yet if she isnt about to pop. You'll see her belly get REALLY swollen and kind of squared at the bottom. I have a Platy that is prego too

Had to put her in there for picture, cause the male wouldn't leave her alone she kept darting around the tank. She is out now.

Do you have any other females? What is your ratio of males to females? THe male platies can be pretty relentless in thier endless hunt for romance so it may help her stress levels to get another girl if you have space. She is a lovely fish. I like platies a lot.

I have 2 females and 1 male, my lfs told me that would be perfect, now I am wondering if maybe I shouldve got one or two more. I watched him for a while he follows both of them around. Thanks for the compliments, I believe she is very pretty and already has a huge space in my heart.

I have 2 females and 1 male, my lfs told me that would be perfect, now I am wondering if maybe I shouldve got one or two more. I watched him for a while he follows both of them around. Thanks for the compliments, I believe she is very pretty and already has a huge space in my heart.
If you like platies and you have space, you can get a couple more girls. The only problem is that more girls equals more babies. My platies are in a community tank and their babies mostly get eaten though.

Back
Top Bottom