Is my white cloud mountain minnow gravid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish 193

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had fish for many years now about 7 I think and have had my mountain minnow for about 4 months, only now has 1 become plumper in the body and is showing no signs of illness or distress, Males are flashing fins and flaring though a bit and even chasing the other fish from time to time, I will post a picture below and any help is appreciated thanks. The mountain minnow in question is the fatter one.

Attachments

• 15738448156661828207211.jpg
    15738448156661828207211.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 122
It does look like it is about to release eggs, and the sparing of the males chasing around too.

You might see the males and female chasing in the plants. They scatter eggs. If the tank isn't scrubbed perfectly and is matured it will have some microscopic foods for babies. Ideally though you might try and find some foods for them, if you don't have other fish which are likely to eat them.

If you will get babies, make sure to cover the intake of your filter so they don't get sucked up!

Thanks for the info and advice, my tank is 3 years old now so it is mature and I don't scrub down the tank perfectly either so I hope to possibly see some baby minnows soon.

Back
Top Bottom