Is she pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danielt

Aquarium Advice Regular
The male balloon Molly never leaves her alone, follows her everywhere. She's as round as a table tennis ball and so it got me thinking, is she pregnant? Here are some pics...

image-2988934545.jpg

image-1894646193.jpg

If so, when do I put her in the breeding net? I don't want her in too long.

Also, she spends slot of the time at the top if the tank. Water conditions are fine, everything is as it should be. She does swim around still, just mostly at the top. The other fish aren't.

Can you try getting a clearer picture of her? Shes huge so I think she is, but she could also be really bloated.

*Edit* The second pic worries me.

I don't think she's pregnant. Wouldn't she be showing other signs? Oh I don't know. If she's bloated, do I stop feeding them for a couple of days?

She looks pregnant nd the signs u r refurring to is when she is about to drop(give birth) nd yes if you want to ruleout bloating dont feed them for a day or to

Thank you so much. How long would you recommend leaving her in the breeding net. Also, is it normal for the male to follow her around and, what I can beat describe as shoving her back end with his nose?

All of my balloon mollies died giving birth. Mustve been the deformity they have. I can't really tell if yours is pregnant or bloated. Look for a dark spot by her tail.

If u are gna move her to a breeding net only leave her in for 2-3 days at a time. It's very stressful for mama fish. We used one but now we just let the fry fend for themselves. We were over run by mollies n guppies in about 3 months.

I might leave them if she does. The tank is well planted :) thank you

Here's a picture of her behind. I can't see a gravid spot, I don't think

image-1290490488.jpg

She's not around the surface as much anymore tho.

I can see one. Its very faint though... But its there. Hope it all works out

Ooo how exciting. I shall keep the thread posted. :) thank you

Still no baby's, and I'm not sure on the length of gestation period. The male is always nudging her belly, not hard though. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom