Is she pregnant??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

landon_garcia

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ive had my 3 female guppies with my male cobra guppy in a 10 gallon tank for about a month. Im wondering how close my blue one is to giving birth!

Heres some pics of her
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419177024.610822.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419177063.578989.jpg
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

She looks very gravid and rather more boxy in the second pic, she is pretty close to dropping.

Definitely pregnant. I would say she should drop within the next few days. Keep a close eye on her. When she is about to drop she will start trying to find places to be alone and won't be so active. She'll also probably stop eating.

Not sure what your plans are, but is it possible for you to get her in a tank by herself? This will be a lot less stressful for her when she gives birth than a breeder box would be. Plus, once she is done giving birth all you have to do is take her out and then the fry will have a nice spot to grow without you having to worry about them being eaten. That's what I have done anyway. Momma guppy was happy as a clam and the fry are growing like weeds.

Keep in mind it could take her a day or two to finish dropping her fry. Stress can slow down the process too.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom