Is she ready for the fry tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdklovesfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
image-1241798152.jpg

image-1752256921.jpg

image-1256041921.jpg

Sorry these photos suck, but that's the best I could do with my iPod. My 1.5g fry/cherry shrimp tank has three 3week old fry from someone else and 8 RCS. Do you think it's time to move her over? My biggest problem is if she gives birth in my community tank I can't find the fry without tearing the tank apart because I have TONS of hiding spots. Plus I have cories, dwarf gouramis and more platies so I'm worried about the fry becoming a snack. :(

Personally I would, I think she looks pretty ready

She looks even more square-ish today. I moved her to the fry tank. I swear she gave me a dirty look!! I'll be watching the fry tank alot! I'm really looking forward to the color of the fry. I'm 95% sure my sunfire male is the daddy. :) This is her first brood so I think I'm more nervous then she is! Plus I haven't been a part of this process before. My other fry just appeared one day. Idk who the momma is, but she had to be preggy before I bought her cause I didn't have any long enough before I found my surprise babies!!

I just let nature take its course in my tank as I don't have a fry tank but I plan on doing the same in the future :) let me know how she gets on! :)

Day two in the fry tank. No new fry or changes in momma fish. How long do you think I should keep her in the tiny tank?

Is it a breeding tank? As in a floater or net? Or a separate tank completely?

Completely separate tank. I'm thinking about leaving her in there for today and if no changes in the morning putting her back in the community tank. She's not a fan of the 1.5g tank! I swear she gives me a dirty look every time I check on her.

Oh ok, erm yeah I'd follow your gut feeling, she may be holding out I don't know, maybe put her back in the main tank and watch for signs she's ready eg staying close to the filter or hiding :)

Back
Top Bottom