Is this planaria in fry tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rolance

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have little tiny tiny white worms all over the walls and driftwood and in the substrate? There are even some longer ones I have pictures of? Will they hurt the fry? And could I treat it without hurting fry? There has to be about 50 fry Glofish in there

They are skinny and long. Some are short

Attachments

• image-3883339101.jpg
    image-3883339101.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 72
  • image-3773083601.jpg
    image-3773083601.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 67
  • image-591049442.jpg
    image-591049442.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 65
yes they have little stingers on the end that can kill fry. i would move the fry if posible and get a med called paragon its made by seachem . its safe for fish but not sure about fry. pm me if i can help

I have white worms like that too, except that they are skinnier and they are harder to see. Those look like planaria for sure

I actually think it is a worm called detritus. They live in gravel and feed on excess organics. They aren't bad unless seen all in the water column like mine are. Means the population exploded. Probably because I have my filter off until my sponge filter comes in because the tank is full of fry. The bad thing is the worms are depleting the oxygen for the fish. I'm scared to do cleaning and vacuuming with fry

Back
Top Bottom