is this platy at really early stages of being pregnant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well it all depends , if this is her first drop she might only have 2 fry but on the other hand she could have 30+ fry. You can't really predict how much fry theyre going to have.

Samzter said:
Well it all depends , if this is her first drop she might only have 2 fry but on the other hand she could have 30+ fry. You can't really predict how much fry theyre going to have.

ok thank you soo much for that imfomation thats really helped 

samzter is right i have had drops of almost 100 fry on the other hand i have had fish sooooo fat i could swair they where gonna pop the trick is getting to know your fish and how they look at various stages and when there close you can generally guess roughly how many fry

Honestly IMO I think that she is less than two weeks in or maybe not at all. her gravid spot looks pretty small judging by the pictures. But a fish with that coloring will have more of a reddish spot than a black gravid spot, so I could be wrong.

butterfly_koi said:
Honestly IMO I think that she is less than two weeks in or maybe not at all. her gravid spot looks pretty small judging by the pictures. But a fish with that coloring will have more of a reddish spot than a black gravid spot, so I could be wrong.

if she was to be pregnant this would be her first drop soo???

In the photos I can't see a gravid spot, sorry! It might just be the angle I'm looking at it from

Back
Top Bottom