Is this the female breeding tube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bracey87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is this the angelfish breeding tube I'm not to sure I think so but not sure jst want confirmation if so female or male I think female but yet again not sure thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1460016562087.jpg
    1460016562087.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 1460016574316.jpg
    1460016574316.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 69
No worries she's started laying her eggs shame none of the other 2 in the tank wants to fertilize ones eating them the other just showing no interest

This can happen with new breeders. Keep them all together and see if the next time she spawns, one shows more interest in the happening than the other. My guess is that the 1 eating the eggs is the mate (or potential mate) while the other was being kept away on purpose.
I had 1 pair that the male would try to stop the female from spawning and then would eat her eggs as she was laying them then, like a light switch went off in his head, he started fertilizing the rest of the eggs she laid. There's just no telling just what these fish are actually thinking. :lol:

This can happen with new breeders. Keep them all together and see if the next time she spawns, one shows more interest in the happening than the other. My guess is that the 1 eating the eggs is the mate (or potential mate) while the other was being kept away on purpose.
I had 1 pair that the male would try to stop the female from spawning and then would eat her eggs as she was laying them then, like a light switch went off in his head, he started fertilizing the rest of the eggs she laid. There's just no telling just what these fish are actually thinking. :lol:

Thanks for the reply the one that was eating the eggs did actually fertilise them in the end and was very protective keeping the other angel away from the eggs while the female was dealing with keeping the barbs away loving watching the behaviour at the moment a new experience for me now I know I have a proven pair I'll get another tank for them to see if I can raise the fry next time

Back
Top Bottom