Issues with black convict breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biged1969

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i have a pair of black convicts in a 40 breeder tank all by themselves, they have laid eggs 3 times so far but have never seen any fry. it looks like the eggs hatch, can see some residue where they were. I'm starting to think there is something wrong with one of them. if i separate them will they pair off with another mate or will they not pair off again? i have bread convicts before in the past and have never seen this happen.

Might be a silly question, but do use liquifry. As soon as the eggs are laid? If not the fry might not be dying. As soon as our convicts lay their eggs we start adding liquifry. It seems to give them a good start growing food in the water.

They have it herein the U.K, not sure about U.S if that's we're your from, but I would assume they would do it or have similar. Liquifry do two types. One for egg layers, one for live bearers. Obviously egg layers is what you need. You must dose as soon as the eggs are laid to cultivate microscopic food growth. After about a week you can feed (hikari tropical) first bites which promotes rapid growth through nutrition. Hope this helps. If you can find it in the us look on eBay.co.uk might find someone who can post to you.

Back
Top Bottom