It finally happened!! Now what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mylittlemollies

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys, came home from work today to find one of my female mollies has given birth. Super excited!! Now can someone tell me how to care for them :)ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408514693.568182.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

first bites are great. after a few weeks maybe start doing crushed flakes. Remember to keep their breeder trap clean! Good luck!

Thanks Sam, one more silly beginner question...how do I clean the breeder trap with babies in it?

Haha no worries. A medium size Turkey Baster works for me. Don't go too big tho. it's easy to suck up the fry. so be careful!! Also- don't put the breaded trap directly under light. fry are sensitive to light in the beginning. Plus gross algae could grow inside the trap making it a PITA.

if you are using the plastic breeder trap, i found the easiest way to clean brown gunk that is stuck on the breeder is with a q-tip. be careful, not move too fast, as the fries might fall throw the slit.

Back
Top Bottom