Its Egg Yolk in water a good food for fry???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MiamiFishy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey, I have been doing some research on food for fry fish, more for Zebra Danio fry.. and found a page were they said egg yolk in a jar with water and shaken till cloudy was a good food to give baby fry... is that trully good??

Im kinda desperate, I have Zebra? fry since Saturday that I have not been able to really give any food... have some freezed baby brine shrimp but they seem to big for my little friends...
Any input out there to help me and my fry????

Thanks
MiamiFishy.! 8O

Actually, either the egg yolk mixture (hard boiled), or frozen bbs are suitable first foods. Just be sure to dilute both of them very well. Congrats

It's always a good thing to clean up the left over food after about two hrs after feding them. This will help keep the amonnia levels down. You can even add a snail mysterie snails work great for fry tanks. As they don't eat the fry and the snail waste is a good shores of food as well.

I made some egg yolk mixture yesterday, as I have been breeding Danios for awhile and have a constant need for fry food. I did it a wee bit differently though, instead of squeezing and straining, I threw the hard boiled yolk into the blender with some hot water and liquified it. I used a medicine dropper to drop somke into the tank and the little guys went nuts!a drop or two is more thatn enough for my ten gallon fry tank. It's very cool to watch too.

My experience with the yolk and fry has been that the fry seem to like it ok but it really clouds the water if you aren't careful (as others have said). I currently feed my guppy fry finely crushed flake food as well as some finely grinded brine shrimp now and then and they are growing just fine. Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom