Keeping GBR's alive in breeder tanks...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
How do you keep them alive in a breeder tank? Mine are slowly dying off. All parameters are perfect, but when I place them in the tank, they just go and hide, and a couple days later, they die. They won't eat either. But the pair I have in the 10G Planted Breeder tank are doing awsome. Getting ready to lay more eggs once again, lol. but the glass bottom tanks with the fake rock with ledges on it, and places to hide, they just go behind it, don't come out, and just die. Any thoughts?

Any differences in water parameters between breeder and planted tanks? Maybe location of breeder tank a problem? (traffic, draft, light, etc.)

What type hiding places are in the breeder? Could there be any type of contaminant from tank decor?

For the hiding places, there's the fake rock with a cave in it. Also, they hide behind the sponge filter as well. Also not sure if it could be the cat, lol. But she doesn't affect the other fish tanks, so I doubt it's that. As for water parameters, all's perfect. All tanks are the same, weekly PWC's with just tap water plus Prime.

Back
Top Bottom