Knight Gobies Spawned - I have eggs!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trustemedia

Aquarium Advice Freak
First time with eggs. I have no idea what to do or if I should do anything at all. I think they've done this twice before, but I couldn't see the eggs. I can see some now for sure. Anyone know how long before they hatch? I read 2 days online, but don't know if that's correct. I also cannot remove them so they have to stay where they are. Probably won't make it, I'm assuming... I read very small and hard to care for. Anyone else experience this with knight gobies? Had to go get him a girlfriend and guess right, didn't I?

Attachments

• IMG_4022.jpg
    IMG_4022.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_4033.jpg
    IMG_4033.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_4026.jpg
    IMG_4026.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 139
Well, eggs gone, gobies were out for a couple days and now back in again with more eggs! Wonder if i have a trunk full of fry, no fry, dead fry, ate the fry??? At any rate, more eggs.

I would set up another tank and remove the rest of my fish so the next spawn can play out. I think it would be of great interest to actually see this process and trust me few others have.

Well, I didn't get a chance to move them and they did it again. More eggs. This time I was sitting there staring into the tank and big swarm of them came out. I grabbed a cup and scooped into the water and now I have about 15-20 while I watched the rest get eaten. Although, I put a flashlight up there and seen more eggs still - a ton! And then more came out, so I guess never put a light up there or they will swim toward the light. I did right before the swarm came out, too (when I caught some). I was just checking on them - oops. Although, I was a sight! Something like you would see on Discovery. Very amazing!

Mom was out frantic and dad was guarding the hole after that. I emergency moved them into my 3 gallon after moving those fish over and now I have them in there, but they are so teeny, teeny, tiny - I can't even describe how tiny. Have no idea if they will make it or what to feed them. I read green water, but where do you just go get that? I read rotifers, but I don't think buying them on ebay an waiting a week for them to arrive is going to work, if that even works. I've powdered some food, even though too large for them, they are the size of a strand of hair a couple mm long and completely see-through. Thought my only current shot was it melting and breaking up and getting lucky that they could take it.

The fry sink down and then swim up to the top in sort intervals. I video taped it. I have a photo from the cup and the 3 gallon, although a bit stirred up since I cleaned up right away. So, any suggestions on what to feed them or where to get "green water". I live a block from by a spring, stream, and lake if that helps any... I have no idea. Not sure what to look for and don't want them catching anything. I put a glass in the window sill for now to try to make green water - I read something about that, if they make it that long...

Attachments

• IMG_4323.jpg
    IMG_4323.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_4337b.jpg
    IMG_4337b.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_4350b.jpg
    IMG_4350b.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom