Krib losing fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hobgob

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I know it has been a Long time since I've posted on here but basically my kribs had a fry. In total I counted 8 at the start. They are in a community tank right. I got some brine shrimp eggs for free from my lfs and started hatching right away. Yesterday I had 5 left the three died before I could start feeding my shrimp. This morning I got up and the female and male were out and about so I thought I would get to see the little guys. But they were nowhere I. Sight. I found one by the place they bred lying in the gravel now about 30 minutes later I went back and she had two of them around with her in the cave. But for some reason she seemed all scared.

Is it possible she lost them and thought they were dead? They were doing the fin flashing like they wanted to spawn again. Or could she have told the fry to stay there while her a the male did something? Any opinions?

I bought a fish hatchery but can't find any of the fry... I guess I should just put them in there next time. It is twit frat batch so they will probably get better the more time they do it if I am not mistaken? Any advice

Kribs quite often eat the first few spawns. As they become more mature, they become better parents. Still though, if there is something that frightens them, like a flashlight shined into the tank, too much movement in the tank, etc., they will eat their young again.

When I had my breeding pair, I left the parents and the fry in my community tank and they all did very well.

Back
Top Bottom