Kribensis Fry Bio-Load

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cornstar

Aquarium Advice FINatic
As some of you may know, my kribensis recently gave birth to roughly 100 kribensis fries. The fries are now 4 weeks ago and are free swimming.

My question is that, I understand it is unreasonable to have 100 fish in a 55g tank. I was wondering how long I could have the fries in there without removing them.

For filtration I currently have an aquaclear 110 and an emperor 400. Together they filters 950gph.

The only fish I have besides my kribensis parents and fries is one albino bristlenose pleco.

I have about 16 planted anubias and 48 stems of java fern. Ideas? Suggestions?

The only other tank I have is a 10g planted tanks with shrimps and snails.

Once they start getting over an inch is when I'd start thinking about moving them out. As they grow, so (obviously) does the bio load they will produce. I know my firemouths put out a heck of a load once they reach an inch and it just gets greater as they grow.

Doing more frequent water changes will help keep them healthy until you can start moving them.

What are you planning on doing with them long term?

Most lfs won't take them until they are 4-5 months of age, as they can be sexed about then.

I was thinking of selling them in the long run. There seem to be really little kribensis available in the new York area.

I could possibly put some in my girlfriend's 20g tank. And I also have a really old50g tank that I may need to set up

Back
Top Bottom