Kribensis Fry Pics.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kribbman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well Here they are about 1 month old. So far so good but I have a few questions. Some Data first. They are in a 20 galon tank. water parameters are fine I measure them every 3 days or so. and Do 50% water changes every week. Livestock: 5 neon tetras. 2 adult kribs 20 +/- Fry.

How long should I keep them?
I plan to give them to my LFS. or any AA members in my area (miami) who would want some.

Will there parents turn agressive on them eventualy?

oops forgot to post the pictures in the first post here they are....:silly:

Attachments

• P5180117 (Small).jpg
    P5180117 (Small).jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 125
  • P5180126 (Small).jpg
    P5180126 (Small).jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 130
  • P5180124 (Small).jpg
    P5180124 (Small).jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 121
  • P5180123 (Small).jpg
    P5180123 (Small).jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 118
Congratulations!

If you don't want to keep them (never kept kribs, dunno what they aggression will be like) an LFS most likely won't take them until they're of a sellable size and colored up. Local clubs, if you have some in your area, would be a great place to advertise. Around me, Kribs are highly sought after, so they wouldn't be hard to sell if you wanted to offload them.

They are very pretty! Congrats! Are you going to keep one or two for yourself?

I like the plants in the tank too - they look like good plants for fry to hide in.

Hi. Kribs are just always lovely, they never seem to be boring, they are great fish for color, behavior, and just interesting. In my store I would go to the wholesaler and buy up a dozen or so fish then I would put just one pair in a tank of other fish and they always colored up nice and I would sell the pair for much more than I would be able to sell drab stressed out fish for. Of course, now I only sell fish that I breed.

I agree with the post about stores only buying sellable fish. That is, most stores will only buy them once they are sexable and colored up. Of course, if you have a mom and pop store with an ounce of experience in fishkeeping they might be interested in taking the lot for a low price, and remember, stores can only give you a wholesale price and many breeders just cannot grasp that.

The other option, as mentioned, is the club. I love fish auctions and you won't get rich but you could sell the lot there as well.

The adult fish will see the babies as food or prey once they decide to lay another batch of eggs. Sometimes, they do ignore the previous batch, but sometimes they don't .

I won't tell you to change your water maintenance schedule if that is what is working for you right now. I prefer smaller changes than 50 percent but as I said, if that is what works in your tank then don't change it.

Good luck, Bill.

They are very pretty fish, you should have no trouble getting rid of them. IME you stand to sell them for more to either a local club or through your local craigslist than to a lfs.

I do 50% a week on 14 of my 15 tanks too, have been for 3 years and all is well.

Thanks for the replies guys, As you have suggested Im looking up some clubs in my area and know a LFS that said they would take in some. In the mean time Im just going to continue with the water changes and look out for signs of agression. Ill be kinda sad to see them go, but im pretty sure Mom and Pop will surprise me with anothe batch pretty soon "her belly is bright purple, she looks like a grape! That can only mean one thing, More Fry !!

Back
Top Bottom