Labor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoked

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have another thread something went really bad in one of my tanks. Anyway all the info is in the other thread. Question is if this female is in labor or dying from the sickness that swept thought this tank and killed 5 guppies. She has gotten bigger but has not squared off yet.

Attachments

• image-1009395974.jpg
    image-1009395974.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 67
  • image-3333648027.jpg
    image-3333648027.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 78
  • image-3222279515.jpg
    image-3222279515.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 67
Look down from the top of the tank. If her scales are sticking out kind of likea pinecone, she has drosey. If that is the case then it is a contagious form and she should be put down. The tank, air line every thing need to be disinfecteed with a mild bleach solution. Don't spread it around with a net or a siphone.

Yes I found out only to late. She was a bigger female from the start so by the time she showed they symptoms of dropsy it was already to late. I have to let her go. So far the tank she was in is stable only 3 fish left still doing all the treatment just incase but the remaining fish have no symptoms at all. But just can't be to sure so I'm still treating for a few days.

Well your only half right she was sick and was pregnant. I cut her open to see afterwords and the eggs where not fully developed.

Back
Top Bottom