Live birth fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xATLxBRAVESx

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys, i was just wondering about the best fish to have that have live young. What livebarers anr the best to have??? Thanks

well you have guppies, mollies,platies, swordtails, and many others to choose from. i would reccommend getting 3 or 4 females to the male. platies and swordtails will breed together and they are both very pretty fish.

platies and swordtails will offer you the most color and and size for your money that you will spend. i currently have 2 platies that are almost 3 inches long ang if you feed them the color flakes the colors really come out

I had 8 females to 6 males and then I lost a female (one of my first fishkeeping deaths ever!) and now I can see why you need more females. I'd kept guppies before but I can't remember them being this... keen! Sometimes 3 will chase a female around.

Mollies! I got a male and female at Petsmart and they bred like crazy. Here a link to a few pictures I had. 1 female produced over 30. I even watched them all come out (amazing to witness).

go for swordtails,there awesome fish,and also easy to breed.:invasion:

[/QUOTE]Sometimes 3 will chase a female around[/QUOTE]

This is why you should have at least 3 females for every male. The females will get overbred and die young under this kind of harrassment.

Back
Top Bottom