Looking for a good fish to breed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallenRedeemer

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am interested in breeding some fish. I have a 20 long tank to use and possibly could upgrade to bigger tank later for breeding. I have a 55 gallon show tank as well. I have breed guppies in the past but that's not interesting, just put a male with 3 females and in 2 months you'll be over run with fish. I am really interested in Plecos and would be my first choice but I'm not sure which species. I am also open to other suggestions. I really enjoy bottom feeders. I want it to be a fish that I will enjoy having and not just for breeding purposes.

sorry I really didn't the whole thread till now,
you can breed bettas also, they easy to breed and very fascinating

I personally am fascinated with gourami breeding, although there are plenty of websites you can find to help you with pleco or cory breeding, if you like bottom dwellers more.

Why not try a clown pleco? They still kind of produce too much bioload for a 20g but if they are the only inhabitants it should work out if you over filter. Just try to get an adult because plecos take forever to grow out, I got some calico bristle noses this past spring and they are just now finally sexing out.
All you'll need is clean water, driftwood, and small pleco caves. do some cool water changes and feed them a higher protein diet and they'll be good to go

I went into my lfs and talked to them to make sure they would take some and we decided on peppermint Plecos. I already have one. I am pretty sure it's a male. I need to find a female. Preferably mature if anyone has a suggestion on someone who has one or bet place to find one I would appreciate the help

I went into my lfs and talked to them to make sure they would take some and we decided on peppermint Plecos. I already have one. I am pretty sure it's a male. I need to find a female. Preferably mature if anyone has a suggestion on someone who has one or bet place to find one I would appreciate the help[/QUOTE
Try snookn on aquabid. A little pricey, but probably your best bet as (s)he has almost everything pleco wise

I order from snookn occasionally, the only thing that's kills is you have to pay overnight, 40$. So if you're getting plecs from him, make sure those are the only ones you're getting for a long time. You do save 15$ however as long as you take 3 of the same species which is a small plus.

I order from snookn occasionally, the only thing that's kills is you have to pay overnight, 40$. So if you're getting plecs from him, make sure those are the only ones you're getting for a long time. You do save 15$ however as long as you take 3 of the same species which is a small plus.

That's true -- Maybe try the wetspot - they usually have a pretty large collection of just about everything so you might get lucky, I'm not sure if you'd be able to choose the sex, but they do have good prices and offer priority shipping as well

Back
Top Bottom