Love is in the water!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jinmon

Aquarium Advice Regular
So my ramshorn snails plopped down some eggs yesterday, yay, then after I turned out the lights I saw two of my gold barbs all rubbin' on each other, twisting around in circles, etc... it is SPRING! :)

I didn't see any spawning, just some serious romancin' going on. I did a largish (35-40%?) PWC yesterday, I wonder if that's what sparked all the love in my tank!

Anyone notice an upswing in spawning/mating behaviors in spring, or is fishy love a year-round thing in aquariums?

-Julie

Ah, congratulations!

Some of the pleco people have reported mass reproduction in the last week or so, too. I found a few rasbora fry a coupla days ago. The snails are going like mad.

Must be Spring.

Yea, my killies, snails, and shrimp are all going like mad right now. Looks like my GBRs might spawn again soon too. They chased their temporary 4" severum tank mate around the tank today. Now that was funny, watching a 1.5" GBR try to take on a severum 3x his size.

Oh yeah, there's magic in my tank.

Platy had babies! Emphasis is on "had" though... my larger killifish is looking fatter. :( Hopefully some were smart enough to stay out of open water....

Do you think the shiny reflectors and vibration from my air pump are acting like Magic Fingers and a mirror on the ceiling? :)

add the bettas and the crawfish to my list...

3 of my killi eggs hatched, and i noticed baby shrimp in the shrimp tank

More snail sex for my tank this morning, but no other breeding behavior observed... yet....

Yep, most of my fish have started up all at once. It's probably because of water changes and barometric changes, I just wish Ihad room to grow them all out.

Back
Top Bottom