Luckiest fry ever!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pattyfurg

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So a while ago I bred my bettas but I saw no eggs drop so I simply removed the female... About two weeks later (now) I decided I was going to change their breeding tank so I put some of their old water in the tank and then put some new water. On my last bucket I noticed a fry swim to the top... Only one! But it doesn't look like normal Betta fry. It has bright orange at the top and clear at the bottom. I will try to get a picture but it is EXTREMELY small

Haha I tipped the rest of the bucket in and there was about 20 more. Only question is... What have they been eating untill now!?

pattyfurg said:
Haha I tipped the rest of the bucket in and there was about 20 more. Only question is... What have they been eating untill now!?

I think they eat yolk sac for 24hours. Can crush up flake food to feed. Congratz on more!!!!

Fishie said:
I think they eat yolk sac for 24hours. Can crush up flake food to feed. Congratz on more!!!!

Haha yeah but they spawed two weeks ago! And most of them were free swimming.
I already had some old liquid fry food from my first batch so that's what I'm going to give them until they're big enough for bbs

Well, congrats on the surprise fry! Fry are pretty good about finding tiny stuff in the water. I guess they found something to eat. :)

Yeah this isn't my first batch but it is my first surprise batch haha not that I mind or anything ^.^
I didn't even know bettas could have surprise batches hehe

Back
Top Bottom