Male/Female?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FwA

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can anyone tell me what sex these angelfish are please?
And the large white one is missing fins from when I saved him from being in a local pet stores tank full of fish trying to kill him :( I got him when he was an infant and he never grew them back.

Attachments

• image-4164864342.jpg
    image-4164864342.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 74
  • image-1873802715.jpg
    image-1873802715.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 73
  • image-3801928954.jpg
    image-3801928954.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 67
you can't properly sex an angelfish unless you see them spawn.. you can guess though...

Yup, I had a breeding pair, but since I never saw them spawn I never knew who was who.

I would guess male for the top left pic from the bump in the "forehead" area. That is usually only seen in males. Bottom left looks like a juvenile still. Not sure on the top right pic.

FwA said:
Can anyone tell me what sex these angelfish are please?
And the large white one is missing fins from when I saved him from being in a local pet stores tank full of fish trying to kill him :( I got him when he was an infant and he never grew them back.

Poor guy. He looks happy though :)

I would guess top left is male and right is female, bottom left too small to tell. It's impossible to say for sure though.

Thanks for replies all. And I was thinking the same bm. Thankyou :) now I just gotta hope I can pair some up. Got 9 total and just put them all in their own tank. :)

Back
Top Bottom