Originally Posted by Knewm32
So if that is the case. Are the fry in danger? And how do combat the parasite?
First you need to confirm a parasite. Watch the female and see if she is scratching one spot or all over. Check the fins, tail or any clear areas as they are the easier places to see parasites.
IF you CONFIRM parasites, you'll want to raise the temp up to 86-88 degrees and increase the airation in the tank. Most parasites will not handle this temp. Since she is holding fry, you want to be careful with medications. My med of choice for Parasites is copper but I've never used it on fry. I would contact the manufacturer of whatever product you choose and confirm that it is safe for the fry.
Dips might work but since she is holding fry, I don't recommend them.
And to answer the fry question, YES, they are suceptible to the parasites as well.
keep us posted