Mating? Or males?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So far I have anacharis plants floating. Does anyone know where I can get duckweed though?! Lol. But ya I'll keep an eye out for the dorsal fin and see of it grows or stays rounded. Thanks.

I was told that online or seeds is the best bet for duckweed ^^

Duckweed is great but grows so fast it's annoying. It is illegal in some states.

Amazon Frogbit is my current favorite floater.
Raise your water level if your filter throws it around too much.

I got mine from another hobbyist.
Post LF/WTB here or The Planted Tank. Best prices IMHO.

Will duckweed or frog bit be nice floating plants for a 10g with a lid? (was just curious)

alia258 said:
Will duckweed or frog bit be nice floating plants for a 10g with a lid? (was just curious)

As long as there isn't a super strong current and you have somewhat decent lighting both should grow. I have a sponge over my intake so duckweed doesn't foul up my filter.

I have CFLs over my 10g. If you click on my avatar and go to my profile you can see my tanks.

I refuse to have Duckweed in my newest tank.
Frogbit only.

I think I'll do some frogbit, since I have a mild current and the lid is the lights, but will they grow tall and burn/fry?

alia258 said:
I think I'll do some frogbit, since I have a mild current and the lid is the lights, but will they grow tall and burn/fry?

Frogbit floats. Flat leaves. Baby plants to the side, not up. Nice roots :)

Plus CFLs are a lot cooler than Incandescents.

Wait, imma start another thread on this, don't wanna steal OP's thread! ^^

alia258 said:
Wait, imma start another thread on this, don't wanna steal OP's thread! ^^

No no its all good. Haha I actually was curious on that myself.

Oh haha, I already have another thread, but we can still continue on here anyway, the more sources for info, the better! ^^

Tru that. Lol. But I did notice that my fish did start to get ick after you mentioned it! Jinxed me! Ha but I did bring home new plants from petco on their truck day so my guess is it came from plants. This is my first case of ick in 3 years. Geez

Well, ick is a pretty mild and easy to cure disease, I've had only a little trouble with it ^^ I'm fighting an outbreak right now actually! D:) well, turns out that frogbit is a really pretty plant! I got some cute pics of it! (off the Internet of course) ^^

Haha I know I looked it up it's cool. I'm going with that or duckweed. W/e I can get first.

I would go with frogbit, duckweed reproduces too fast and it plant isn't very attractive, and th roots can get out of hand :d

Frogbit gets long roots too, duckweed just has such a large amount of roots that it gets in the way ^^;;

Well this aquarium that the duckweed would go in is for a turtle so it needs to grow fast as to keep up with the turtle munching on it. As long as it doesn't block too much light for my other plants it's good lol.

Back
Top Bottom