mixing guppy types for fun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lynmccoy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Has anyone tried cross-breeding a blue moscow with a white moscow just to see what kind of fry they will produce? My granddaughter and I were looking at our fish and wondered what kinds of guppies we could create by mixing different kinds. I'm not trying to make a perfect strain and I don't sell any guppies. We're just thinking about doing it to make some unusual types for our tank. Does anyone on her have any thoughts about varieties we can mix or problems or we would have?

Sounds like something fun you can do with your granddaughter, and since your not selling them or weakening the strain no harm done. The only suggestion is to buy from different LFS for the males and females. I don't have advice for guppies but I do this with random mbuna/peacocks. They normally turn out some shade of color that's looks like a kid used every crayon in the box...sorta a weird brown, but still fun to see what comes out.

Back
Top Bottom