Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-14-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Mollies

I have six mollies, three males and three females. One female looks pregnant and the other two already had babies. How do I know when they are going to give birth to the babies? I have angelfish and don't want them all to get eaten again. And how long will it be before they get pregnant again?

Old 02-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel lover
I have six mollies, three males and three females. One female looks pregnant and the other two already had babies. How do I know when they are going to give birth to the babies? I have angelfish and don't want them all to get eaten again. And how long will it be before they get pregnant again?
They isn't a great way but if they get really square in the stomach they are getting closer. Once mine stopped growing I removed in 3 mins in time! She will hide or swim frantically up and down the tank once she is about to give birth. Every 3-4 weeks they have another batch they do this 3-4 times cuz they store sperm. I would separate they will eat their own young so separate if you want .
30G- S. and C. America tank
Fishie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mollies

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com