mollies-pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kittygals6896

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:confused:i have 3 new mollies-1 male and 2females. from what i've read,i think the females are pregnant,but im not sure. i was wondering if someone can help me, since if they are pregnant,i dont want the babies 2be eaten once born. i also have 3goldish and was wondering if they were able to have the babies in there if the godfish would eat them. please help me and my mom:-D:-|:eek::D:confused:
Kimmi
m_8064b502f02f4f84a05c5600692dde25.jpg

Kaela
m_95a4a9b0447143178ddb3849e8792e66.jpg

I am pretty new to this as well, but I have been thrown in at the deep end. I purchased my tank about 3 months ago and all of my females have had fry. I have 2 mollies, 1 platy, and two guppie females. The Mollies looked as though they were ballons ready to burst. I was worried that they were sick or just fat. The next thing I know I had little fry all over my tank. The Gold fish are not the only thing that will eat the babies. The Mollies will eat their own young. I witness this while trying to scoop the fry out of the tank. One babie jumped out if the net and the mother mollie was waiting right their to "suck" her babie down. It was really weird to witness. Good luck. Their was way to many fry for may tank, so I put and add on Freecycle and gave my babies to others in the neighborhood who needed them.

k thanks:)) i will hopefully be there once they are starting to be born so i can switch them,,i just wish i knew how far along they are

Back
Top Bottom