Molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JC_Bus

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello!

My neighbor came over today to see my new guppy fry. He saw my female black molly and said that she looks like she has a boxed shape and pretty big. Is she pregnant? If so do you guys know how much longer until she drops the fry. He says she's going to give birth really really soon. I just want to make sure. I have some pictures but she moves a lot! So the pictures aren't going to be good.
Thanks!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426025086.425496.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426025101.398974.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426025113.621576.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426025528.297846.jpg

She also as this white dot I don't know if this means anything?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426025318.608679.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I hope she has babies. They're really easy to care for. (I mean the fry) I fed minecraft hikari first bites and crushed flake food.

Aquariums make for a betta world. Wanna discus it?

Last edited by a moderator:
im not 100% but its possible! fry can live off finally crushed flake food although the parents often eat them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello!

My neighbor came over today to see my new guppy fry. He saw my female black molly and said that she looks like she has a boxed shape and pretty big. Is she pregnant? If so do you guys know how much longer until she drops the fry. He says she's going to give birth really really soon. I just want to make sure. I have some pictures but she moves a lot! So the pictures aren't going to be good.
Thanks!
View attachment 266930View attachment 266931View attachment 266932
View attachment 266934

She also as this white dot I don't know if this means anything?
View attachment 266933

Yes, she is pregnant. No, she won't give birth really soon. Depending on if this is her first time or not she has about 1-3 weeks left.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Thank you guys!!! What does the white dot do? Or is it just there lol? I think the dot got bigger too so I called my neighbor and he came over and he said it did seem bigger so does that mean something? Is she okay?

It looks like pretty soon until she gives birth to 10-80 fry it all depends how big she is and how big the babies are.

Oh my! 80 babies! This is her first time so will it be smaller? She is like 1.5 inches of so.

Back
Top Bottom