molly fry???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miiah is da bomb

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a molly that will give birth (black) sometime soon. she is in about a 25 gallon tank that is divided to about 10 gallons. thats what part i put her in. the male that breed with her has now breed with another female (silver). the babies from the silver molly shouldn't be born for at lest 4-6 months (at least thats what ive heard) how long is it until they give birth??? i was wondering if the fry from the black molly would be large enough for the other female not to eat them but small enough not to eat the new fry. i was planning on using the same space for the new fry seeing as the old fry will soon be moving out. i have also heard that the fry are usually big enough to put in with the adults when they are about 6-8 wks. is this true??? i am planning on feeding the fry crushed food, greens, as well as brine shrimp (the frozen kind) here are pictures of my two females. i was unable to get one of the male because he wouldn't stop moving around.
:Dthanks:D

Attachments

• 01-07-09_150.jpg
    01-07-09_150.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 164
  • Ar1.jpg
    Ar1.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 133
Back
Top Bottom