Molly fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It could if it's near hear last batches of fry it possible. Otherwise I would think her fry got eaten.

I have two females one I was sure of was pregnant when I got her and the other one has grown a bigger belly in the time since... But I read online that in their first pregnancy they can just drop one every so often but I have no idea whether it is her first pregnancy as they are quite big anyway... Ah well I guess they may have eaten them :( haha

Attachments

• image-22430686.jpg
    image-22430686.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 67
  • image-3160486393.jpg
    image-3160486393.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 69
grace130994 said:
I have two females one I was sure of was pregnant when I got her and the other one has grown a bigger belly in the time since... But I read online that in their first pregnancy they can just drop one every so often but I have no idea whether it is her first pregnancy as they are quite big anyway... Ah well I guess they may have eaten them :( haha

Honestly, the pictured female doesn't look gravid, she could be early pregnant. Mollys have this scientific condition after feeding, a rare phenomenon americans get around the last thursday of november-foodicus infantitus, or more commonly known as "food baby." Its possible shes a super eater and that could explain it. I've had mollys give birth to as little as 9 fry, which is typical of young mothers. Most likely the fry were eaten-or hiding and you haven't found them all. Did you move her before giving birth? Stress can cause her to abort most fry. Good luck, that's a pretty dalmation molly

Thank you! And well I got two females (the man in the shop said they were a male and a female, but pretty certain there both female) and had them two days, one was a lot fatter than the other so I thought she was preggers but after a bit of research I wasn't expecting to see any fry for at least a week or two then that night I just saw one swimming around then she dropped another around 20 minutes after rinsing the first I waited around to see if I could save some more but she didn't drop any more, but I left her to have a natural birth because I didn't want to stress her... Ah well my other one is looking very square now! Haha :)

Awesome! If you haven't already noticed, this forum has a section for fish and plant profiles. I wrote an article about mollys, and you're welcome to check it out if you want some information. And yes, I'd mention that even if I had not been the one to write it-i'm no egomaniac...<_<...>_>

Back
Top Bottom