Molly fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

new guy97

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I came back to my tank only to see tiny fry at an empty surface. I believe their silver mollies and would like to know how to ensure their survival.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418528363.641484.jpg upper right corner

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You need to put it in a separate tank In tell it gets to big to fit in the mouth of the biggest fish in the tank

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

The only other tank I have is a half gallon is that good?

Your Mollies

Hello new...

Plant the surface of the tank well with Hornwort and Anacharis. Feed the fry several times during the day. Change half the tank water weekly, so the floating plants will grow quickly and the dissolved fish wastes are removed. Add a couple of teaspoons of standard aquarium salt to every 5 gallons of new, treated tap water.

B

My Molly fry did fine left in the main tank. I lost my first batch to hungry fish. Another forum member told me to feed the adults three times a day and they would leave the fry alone. I did that and most survived. It also helps to add lots of plants and hiding places that the big fish cannot get into. Something as simple as small pill bottles of larger seashells works. Flake food ground into powder works well to feed them.

Add floating plants as the fry will hang out instinctively towards the top of the aquarium. Feed the adults well and most of all the fry will survive.

Also the addition of aquarium salt is not needed, the only requirement mollies need is clean hard water.

Back
Top Bottom