Molly fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have 36 black molly fry they were born 5-8-20 and they are starting to develop colors, and most have a little tummy, but a couple of the fry are still very small, what can I do to insure everyone has enough foodView attachment 316662View attachment 316663

Just grind the flakes up into fine pieces when feeding. Live bearer fry are aggressive feeders from day 1. To disperse the food you can put it under the water and kind of spread it around so it goes everywhere incase a few of the smaller fry don't want to feed off of the surface.

Grinding flakes is an option, a bad option to mine opinion but an option.
Better than nothing, but they can't eat most of the flakes because it is to big.

Go out and buy something like: Tetra Cichlid Shrimp Sticks.
Use a unused salt mill and put there the sticks in.
Now you get powder food which wil fit in their mouth.

https://www.tetra.net/nl-nl/producten/tetra-cichlid-shrimp-sticks
It is wonder-powder for me guppies, won't expect anything else with mollies.

Grinding flakes is an option, a bad option to mine opinion but an option.
Better than nothing, but they can't eat most of the flakes because it is to big.

Go out and buy something like: Tetra Cichlid Shrimp Sticks.
Use a unused salt mill and put there the sticks in.
Now you get powder food which wil fit in their mouth.

https://www.tetra.net/nl-nl/producten/tetra-cichlid-shrimp-sticks
It is wonder-powder for me guppies, won't expect anything else with mollies.
I have been giving them baby fish food, blood worms and vegetables. I was just worried with how a couple of the babies aren't getting fat but I have a tank divider somewhere and I was thinking I'll put the tiny guys in one part of the tank so they can get big and strong.

Have a look at baby brine shrimps, the fry really go crazy for them.

They are free from disease or parasites because you hatch them in salt-water.
After you hatch them you rinse them with fresh-water and feed them to your fish.

If you have 2 bottles and a air-pump you can already make a hatchery for free.
Eggs also don't cost much, a bottle lasts you forever if you don't have much fish.

Lookup some youtube videos.

Have a look at baby brine shrimps, the fry really go crazy for them.

They are free from disease or parasites because you hatch them in salt-water.
After you hatch them you rinse them with fresh-water and feed them to your fish.

If you have 2 bottles and a air-pump you can already make a hatchery for free.
Eggs also don't cost much, a bottle lasts you forever if you don't have much fish.

Lookup some youtube videos.
I have actually been thinking about that but I don't know where to get them expect for online but I don't know what website and brands I can trust

Back
Top Bottom