molly fry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarah5775

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just went to the lfs and they gave me 5 baby black mollies for free. They are floating in the tank as I type. I am so happy! I have wanted baby fish to raise for the longest time. Anyway, I am going to put them in my breeding trap for now until I can free up a five gallon tank for them. I have one cycled with a betta. I'm thinking of getting a tank divider and moving Spike the betta into the big tank for a while while the baby mollies get comfortable in his 5 gallon. But they are really tiny, I think the breeding trap will be ok for a few days to a week.

I heard that you can crush up flake food, and I also bought hikari first bites for the babies. Is it true that you can feed them egg yolk too? Or should the food I have be sufficient? I work during the day, would it be ok for me to drop in an algae pellet or a shrimp pellet in for them while I'm away? OR will they graze on the little organisma in my java moss?

Thanks.

With livebearer fry, I just crush up their regular flakes to a finer size. The food you have will be sufficient. I wouldn't bother with the algae wafer, feed them a bit when you get up, a bit more when you get home and a bit more when you go to bed. Don't feed more than they eat in a couple of minutes or your nitrates will go through the roof. Livebearer fry are very easy to raise. The breeder trap will be fine for them. Congrats.

Back
Top Bottom