Molly Pregnancy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Themollyguy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I purchased a few mollies last week and noticed some were bigger than the others . I would like to know if there's anything I should look out for to know they're pregnant because the day after I bought then they had fry, I came hone from work and found that only about 10 survived. Not sure how many she had or if the other mollies ate some but would like to know what to look for to know if a molly is pregnant, I'll post pictures of the females at home when I get home from work!

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Aquarium Advice mobile app

hello, with mollies, you must look out for a square and flat belly.
they will be significantly larger and remove themselves from the action of the tank for a while before the give birth.
they also produce a gravid spot on their anus which is white and opens slightly before giving birth.

hope this helped :)

hello, with mollies, you must look out for a square and flat belly.
they will be significantly larger and remove themselves from the action of the tank for a while before the give birth.
they also produce a gravid spot on their anus which is white and opens slightly before giving birth.

hope this helped :)

Thank you very much! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom