Molly pregnant. Now what?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyBusiness

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just got a few mollies a month ago and one is pregnant. I don't want to be mean about this but being new again to fish keeping and lack of aquarium space we don't want them when born. I don't know what to do! Ideas?

How big is the tank? The mom will eat some fry. If the tank is about 29 gallons you could add some angelfish or panchax killiefish to eat the rest of the fry.

It's a 20 gallon but I have 2 pictus in there until my 90g is cycled. I feel horrible if that's what I have to do. I wonder how well they'll go for free on Craigslist...

There's really no reason to "feel horrible." Circle of life, all that jazz. Birth, death, some animals are prey and some are predator. It's really no different than what might happen in the wild. Just enjoy it. I hope this doesn't upset you or anyone else, but (hides under desk and whispers) "they're fish, not people."

So yeah, you can't abort them. sorry. Of course, you could just get rid of the mother before they're born. Let you figure out how to do that...

Back
Top Bottom