molly ?s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missie86

Aquarium Advice Regular
Have a panda lyretail molly that looks pregnant. I have had her for 3 weeks and she has stayed the same size and dropped no fry...does anyone know if this type has any balloon belly molly in them? (I dont know how to post pics from my phone...help with that would be appreciated too...is there an app or something for android?)

This is what she looks like. Hasnt squared off and no fry yet...is she just super preg and gonna drop a bunch or part balloon belly?

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1427522162142.jpg
    1427522162142.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 84
She's a gorgeous looking Balloon Belly Molly :D

Sent from my LG-P769 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thats what I was thinking but all the other panda lyretails i've seen (mostly at petco & petsmart) didnt have the big belly...I figured if I had her this long and she is that big she has to be part balloon belly.

Attachments

• 1427523311290.jpg
    1427523311290.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 79
No that's not a balloon belly because balloon bellies have a more curved spine. She could be bloated so try feed her a blanched pea.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

No that's not a balloon belly because balloon bellies have a more curved spine. She could be bloated so try feed her a blanched pea.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

+1 if no fry were dropped she's likely blaoted

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Yeah I have to agree. Definitely try a skinned blanched pea

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ok. I gave her a pea and she is not as big but still has a belly on her.

I would say feed her another one in the am.

It's good that her belly looks less already :)

Will do

She still has a belly on her...I have been giving her peas daily...she is smaller than she was but im still worried...should I be doing anything else?

Attachments

• 1427763504736.jpg
    1427763504736.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 57
Mollies have a little belly anyway. Cherry barbs are the same way, they look fat, but it's just their design. Your Molly looks fine now.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Im glad...im new to the whole fish thing and the internet is a bad thing...lol...I guess I just got myself all worked up...thanks for helping out this novice!!

Yeah. I think she looks fine now:)

A lot of people are quick to medicate and do things but personally I try to stick to all natural remedies and making sure the water has good parameters. I think a lot of people here will agree if you ever have a problem check the water first.

Glad she's better

Thanks...that is the first thing I check and if anything is off I do an immediate water change.

Back
Top Bottom