Moving fry to main tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melika2928

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey. I have some platy fry that are growing fast! They are almost a month old and going strong. I had to move them to a bigger tank due to the mom getting ready to drop fry again. The next batch came today and there are over 20 so I was wondering when I could move the first batch to the main tank? I keep reading different answers everywhere I look.
The main tank consists of 6 red wag platy, 5 female betta, kuhli loaches, Chinese algae eaters and neons. 30 gallons with sponge on filter intake. I also have a homemade river rock background. Lots of real and fake plants, but no floating plants.

how big are the ones in the first batch now. what other fish are in the main tank

how big are the ones in the first batch now. what other fish are in the main tank

I listed the fish in the main tank in the first post. The fry are almost an inch in length and a cm in width. They are curious buggers too. Always come to the glass when I am near their tank.

I think I'll wait cause a couple of my female betta have grown to be quite large compared to all my other betta.
If you can wait, then that's probably best for another 2wks or so. I had molly fry(about 1mth old) and had no choice but to move the fry into another tank. This tank had mollies and guppies. I add them at night, when the lights were out. The others checked them out but the fry are clever and fast!!. You could try adding 5 and see how they get on. Keep the other fish well fed for the first few days and they will soon lose interest.....

I had a female guppy try eat a feeder male endler guppy that wa half her size ! I had just fed them and it was a temporary situation until the power in my part of house was restored . He didnt make it through the night ... That was thursday

I'm gonna give my dad some and keep a few and try sell or give the rest away I'm in Ohio they are all fancy guppys I have a tank of Molly and guppy fry. The Molly I got free from petstore

Back
Top Bottom