My angelfish fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cjanddaniela101

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a pair of angels that I had in a 90 gallon tank with about 11 other angels they layed eggs but as soon as they became free swimmer's the parents are them all so I was pretty bummed about it so I decided to move my pair to a 20 gallon and needless to say after there to spawn attempts they in up eating the eggs what can I do to keep it from happening again? And 1 more thing is it possible for 3 angels to kind of pair up? My gold veils lay the eggs the male fertilizers it but shortly after my marble eats the eggs?should I move the marble?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Angels make horrible parents..
If you want to hatch out eggs and raise the fry then remove the eggs and artificially hatch them in a dedicated tank....
Odds of 3 working together seem pretty low IMO...
Even by themselves most pair will eat their eggs ,with any other fish you decrease the chance of any success IMO.

It is almost impossible to get an angel spawn to survive in a community tank.
The only thing to do with the pair is remove the eggs and hatch them yourself. You could try leaving a light on 24/7, sometimes it helps.
Not unusual at all for a threesome to spawn together, but I would remove the marble if that is the one eating the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom