My angels have spawned!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still a couple of wigglers in the jar. I think I will have more eggs in the next few days. Maybe I'll do a large PWC tomorrow to see if I can get the angels to spawn again. They were showing signs of it recently.

Just an FYI, Mal. Green should not be used on eggs. it can cause them to calcify.

Good luck with your angels!

Malachite green has been recommended to me by many breeders and I will continue to use it as I've had several hundred eggs turn to wigglers from eggs. It hasn't hurt the eggs one bit in my experience.

Melthylene Blue is the common treatment for eggs, however as algenco mentioned, Acriflavin works to... although some are using hydrogen peroxide, or even chlorinated tap water these days with much success.

All I know about the mal. green is that the bottle I have says not to use it on eggs as it will cause them to calcify and is not a suitable preventative in those tanks.

You are certainly free to do what you like...I'm just going by their bottle...However, I'm usually willing to try new things to increase my percentages....

Back
Top Bottom