My apistos made babies!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice - main thing with fry is to keep temperature constant and make sure they are well fed and they pretty much take care of themselves. I would feed them two or three times a day initially - just make sure what you feed is being consumed or you are cleaning it out.

Look for the tiny black dots,eyes! I'm going to pick up some tiny food after work, I put a constant 78.6 heater in there so that should be good, I'm going to use water from my lightly stocked, no ferts 10 gal for daily 10% wc, sound ok? I don't have an extra heater to gas off tap in a bucket yet, I will get a bucket set up this weekend. What about feeding the fry still in the display with the parents? Will mom take care of them?

Mom and dad will filter food out of their gills to make it smaller for the fry that are still with them until the fry are able to better eat on their own.

Mine weren't apistos but I had a kirb pair in a 20L tank and the dad nearly killed the mom, I moved her to a different tank and she's doing better

Mine weren't apistos but I had a kirb pair in a 20L tank and the dad nearly killed the mom, I moved her to a different tank and she's doing better
what was the time frame? Like he went berserk right after the hatch? I've heard kribs go nuts when they spawn..

No it was three to for days after the spawn. And it's not like there in a 5 gallon tank either, but se hid in the moss, and every time the make saw her, he'd go nuts

No it was three to for days after the spawn. And it's not like there in a 5 gallon tank either, but se hid in the moss, and every time the make saw her, he'd go nuts
well the parents are in the 29, the female guards the fry extremely well, the male kind of stays off to the other end and keeps the other fish at bay, he will occasionally check in w the fem but no aggression there, they seem to have quite the system in place, it's extremely fascinating!

It probably won't happen to yours, my male pros ably just went crazy, the female did most of the care though, and now since the female is gone the male does just fine caring for them. Once the fish room is done, I may separate the female after spawning

Better picture j! Look at the back, I just fed hikari first bites and they went nuts, so cool...

image-340620904.jpg

This is so cool!!
hey bee booop! I'm pretty excited about this! Sadly I knew I had myself a breeding pair when they killed the 2nd female.After the rescape I noticed her digging tunnels into caves in the new substrate, I guess pool filter sand and hollow rocks are conducive towards spawning;)

That's so awesome. I really wish I had gotten a breeding pair of rams.
P.S. How's Rammy?

beep boop boop!

Back
Top Bottom