My apistos made babies!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My lfs was the exact opposite of yours. He wanted me to find bbs so bad. There is also a way you can de-shell the eggs but that more work..

He said I should do it, only that it's a lot of work on top of maintaining 3 display and a fry tank..

Is that all they are?? Funny, I had those when I was but a wee las.. I'm being lazy.. Just feeding the first bites for now..

It's the brand name of them. They just renamed them as a marketing scheme. What kid doesn't want a monkey? How many will ever get a monkey? What's the closet thing to a monkey that most kids can ever get? Sea monkeys! Marketing at it's best :)

It's the brand name of them. They just renamed them as a marketing scheme. What kid doesn't want a monkey? How many will ever get a monkey? What's the closet thing to a monkey that most kids can ever get? Sea monkeys! Marketing at it's best :)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395098001.117963.jpg

Picture didn't upload first time

Sold!!! I want some sea monkeys and so do my apisto's!!! Ohh boy what fun they'll have!!!

They said that they grow bigger than regular brine shrimp so you have to feed them earlier or give them to momma and daddy cause babies can't eat them

Being a biology major (recently changed to nonprofit work) I had to read up on them. What the guy did was some genetic modification/mutations, by doing this be made the eggs last longer on the shelf, the brine shrimp larger and sturdier. From my reading what you would do is put the eggs in water, eat your dinner, but babies in the tank with fishy babies and watch babies eat babies.

I dunno Ishal.. I may just do the firsties and frozen food after.. I'm just not seeing anymore needing maintainance objects in my life.. I just booked a whole summer of work so my free time gooo buubyeeee... Stick with bio! I bailed on my marine bio major and still regret it:(

I have a job that is gonna be perfect for me. The field representative for the national rifle association....

Haha I understand no free time :p yuck yuck yuck.

I want baby fish soo bad!! I can't even get my guppies to breed!!!

I have a job that is gonna be perfect for me. The field representative for the national rifle association.... Haha I understand no free time :p yuck yuck yuck. I want baby fish soo bad!! I can't even get my guppies to breed!!!
that sounds awesome!! I think we'd be good friends! Its funny, if you have fish that are capable of breeding maybe try switching up decorations or water temps to get them in the mood???

You need to feed the brine shrimp within the first 18 hours that they hatch. Otherwise they will absorb they yok sacs and not have the same nutrients for your fry.

You need to feed the brine shrimp within the first 18 hours that they hatch. Otherwise they will absorb they yok sacs and not have the same nutrients for your fry.
if I don't feed bb?? No chance for the fry??

Last edited:
I think he is saying if you don't feed the bbs in the 1st 18 hours of the bbs life then they aren't as healthy for the baby fish.

So frozen are not nutritional? I understand the yoke deal I'm just wondering if live bb are absolutely necessary?

Back
Top Bottom