My babies are off to the lfs tomorrow.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elmware

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am taking some of my baby Marigold Swordtails over to Paul's Aquarium some time tomorrow. It's about time because they are starting to outgrow their 10 gal home.

The store is located in Surrey, BC just off of King George Hwy (behind Cosco). They give credits of up to $0.50 CAD per fish which is good for either fish or plants.

They were happy with the last bunch I brought them in August. Last time I scored myself some plants out of the deal.

Congrats!! Gotta love that store credit for fish, or even cash. I sold my krib fry for $1 a piece. Not bad considering I had over $20 of them.

I agree...it's really nice when you find a LFS that encourages and fosters a working relationship. Both of you win when that happens. I have a really nice deal with mine and my extra ramshorn snails. I gather up a bunch of them weekly and he takes them in for his other customers. I haven't paid for fish food in quite some time.

That's pretty cool. I wish they could allow us to buy food with the credits because you can only have so many fish before your tank gets overcrowded, and I have quite a few plants as it is.

The credits might just go to waste, but I'm just glad to get these guys out of the 10 gal tank.

Well that was cool. Although she only gave me $0.30 CAD each, she allowed me to get some bloodworms, and to me that's better than $0.50 CAD towards just fish or plants any day.

I brought in 60 fish, and still have probably 20-30 left in my tank which I will either bring to them later or to PetsMart if they will take them.

As it turns out, they were expecting a few other people to bring some fish in as well. Someone just brought in a few Marigold Wag Swordtails at the same time.

The one minor problem I have is that I have to rely on Surrey busses to get around, and so by the time I got the fish to the store, the water had cooled down quite a bit. So the staff had to climatize the fish for awhile. I wish I had a better way. At least is wasn't snowing out.

That's a neat idea.

I actually brought them in a 5 gal pail. Only had 2 gal of water in it.

Back
Top Bottom