my Corys bred!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zach_fresh

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok, i use a lunar light(dont know if this has anything to do with it) but i woke up this morning and found 5 eggs stuck on a leaf and one egg on a diffrent plant. i have 5 corys. anyway, i left for about 5 minutes and when i came back the eggs were gone!! i think someone ate them! i have my eyes on one of my tetras becasue he has swimming around the area looking among the plant were the eggs were. i notced that the last couple of days my 2 albino corys have been acting strange, just sitting under the drift wood, and today they are more out and about. i wonder if they will spawn again?
anyway i managed to get a photo, it is of crappy quality due to my camera phone, but here it is.....

Attachments

• eggs_199.jpg
    eggs_199.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 41
You can try moving them - but until the shells harden ( at least 12 hrs) you run the risk of crushing them. Tetras do have a habit of hunting for the eggs though :)

The fish definitely will eat them, including the cats. If you want to try and attempt hatching the eggs, you'll need to remove them to another tank. They are relatively firm so you should be able to just pick them up without damaging them.

You must do this to keep the fish from eating the eggs. :uzi:
Lol, kidding. Congrats on the eggs! I suggest trying to move them after they have several hours to harden. Do you have another tank you could set up to keep the eggs in?

Back
Top Bottom