Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-17-2013, 03:35 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Exclamation My Dalmation Molly just gave birth & I don't know what to do..

Hi.. I got my Dalmation Molly's 4 of them about 3 days ago.. & they just gave birth.. 9 fry total.. 3 Was already dead when delivered.. 3 died after a while.. 1 don't look very good & only 2 looks good so far..
I was not at all expecting them to give birth.. I haven't even got them completely settled even yet.. & I don't know what I am suppose to do.. This is the first I have even got a fish tank.. & I'm totally freaking out here.. :/ help me please..

Old 06-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

If it only to just let nature take its course if you have a male there will be more and more
Old 06-18-2013, 04:19 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Well, if you plan on keeping them, then you can just net them out and put them in another tank (if you have one) if not then you can purchase a larger breeder net. You can feed them crushed fish food of any kind, and you can also feed them egg yolk. First you just hard boil an egg, then you peel the outer shell off, then take the hardened yolk, fill a container with about 1/3 cup of water, then you mix. You can put this in a container and it should last a week or two. You can feed the fry 4-6 times a day. I feed mine 4 times a day in small amounts. Hope this helped!
Old 06-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Mollies are live bearers this means that they will give birth to live fry, once your mollies are settled in your tank you can expect a new batch of fry about every 25-32 days. Good luck with the fry

Tags
birth, dalmation molly, molly

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com