My marbel angle fish laid eggs! Neat.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Picked up a piece of red shale for the fish to hopefully spawn on next time. Ridiculously expensive, $9 for a tiny rock. Also picked up a Penguin 150 filter unit for the breeding tank as well as a full hood. This new filter won't cause as much disturbance as the 350 I hope. Put the 350 back on one of the 75s, that tank has insane filtration now with the 350 and the dual NEXX canisters.

Figured I might as well go ahead and finish outfitting the tank and be ready for next time.

I wish the fry would get bigger it makes me nervous having them in there so small.

Have you covered the intake of your filters? A quick fix is a nylon stocking or bore a hole in an Aquaclear filter piece and put it on there. That will help from getting them sucked in the filters

zparticle said:
Yep it's wrapped in biofloss. :)[.m/QUOTE]

Figured you had the bases covered. Good luck and hope you are enjoying your fish babies

I'll try to get some pics later today, once they have bunched up, I think there are only about 30 left at this point. :nono:

Should we start a pool on how many make it to the size of a nickle? I bet 5

Free swimmers today. Just taking flight now. Think I'm looking at a couple of hundred!!!! will post a pic once they are all swimming.

Any advice on keeping fry alive. Apart from well documented water changes and correct food, brine etc. What about lighting, aeration, chemical additives. I'm thinking small night light to keep them eating and gentle aeration with air stone. Any advice appreciated. Im thinking once I get them to be about 7 days from old being free swimmers (14 days from being laid) I might be out of the woods????

Do water changes with aged, temp matched, and aerated water. They are very touchy for the first several weeks, and as they get bigger they really need a larger water volume because water quality quickly takes a nose dive.

Back
Top Bottom