My marbel angle fish laid eggs! Neat.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Couldnt you put somthing around the filter to supress flow? Or maybe put somthing by it to decrease current?

Couldnt you put somthing around the filter to supress flow? Or maybe put somthing by it to decrease current?

I can't restrict the flow into the pump very much because it will burn out the motor. I've done what I can on the out flow to smooth it out.

I was doing a water change on my Discus tank and found one of my clown loaches dead. :nono: Starting to feel like Death, everyone and everything around me is dieing off. My relatives, my dog, my fish.

I need a drink.

I have this REALLY strong urge to reach in there and shake the crap out of the plant so they have to pick them up and put them somewhere else in the tank. :banghead:

Oooo i c, darn raskels lol my lab(sorry off topic) does the sam thing, turns just enough so i cant see her jaw nd in her mouth to see... And when she is, her mouth is sealed... Kinda frustrating... Lol
Anyway, are they free swimming?

So, is there a chance that a bunch of them are free swimming and you just can't see them because they aren't clumped on the plant anymore?
Thats what I hope is happening. I seem to "lose" mine once they are free swimming.
Sorry about your all your recent deaths.:nono:

Oooo i c, darn raskels lol my lab(sorry off topic) does the sam thing, turns just enough so i cant see her jaw nd in her mouth to see... And when she is, her mouth is sealed... Kinda frustrating... Lol
Anyway, are they free swimming?

No they are hanging onto the leaf, occasionally I see one stuck to the glass. Another few days and they should be out and about.

So, is there a chance that a bunch of them are free swimming and you just can't see them because they aren't clumped on the plant anymore?
Thats what I hope is happening. I seem to "lose" mine once they are free swimming.
Sorry about your all your recent deaths.:nono:

Thanks. Been a rough 1 1/2 years. Anyway, I don't think so because they are big enough now that I can easily see individuals. Just keep fingers crossed for the remaining ones.

So at this point the parents have done their jobs, I'm thinking about putting them back in the other tank. What do you all think?

Okay then, I've moved the parents and the plant they laid the eggs on back to the home tank. They wouldn't leave the fry alone, that's why I asked. The fry keep trying to swim but the parents would grab them up and put them back on the plant.

We shall see if this was a mistake but I think it was the right move.:blink:

Okay then, I've moved the parents and the plant they laid the eggs on back to the home tank. They wouldn't leave the fry alone, that's why I asked. The fry keep trying to swim but the parents would grab them up and put them back on the plant.

We shall see if this was a mistake but I think it was the right move.:blink:
Time will tell.:) But, the fry could benefit from getting to swim around I am sure since there are no predators in the tank with them.

Back
Top Bottom