My platy gave birth!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eduguy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My platy gave birth and now i have 1 baby and the platy is laying down on the ground. What should i do? My tank isn't cycled yet. With the platy in the tank is a guppy. HELP

Leave her be. She will either die or have a slow recovery in an uncycled tank. You should(if you can) go to your lfs and get a breeders box, net the baby and put it in the box. Even if your platy doesn't make it ( she probably will make it seeing that they are hardy fish) you could still watch the baby grow!

So do i put the giving birth platy in the box?

I don't have a breeding net. I have a breeding box.

Guess you could use that. Are you close to a store you could go buy the net? I just think the nets are better for water circulation.

She may have only had one so far. She may be filling out ( breathing heavy ) and is still in labor. If you can catch the fry and put them in the breeder box. Until you can get a breeder net. Is there any other fish in the tank?

I have only seen one fry and i can't find it anymore. I removed the platy from the box.

The box has holes so the fry will get out. I can't find the fry. :(

Ya it prolly got eaten. :(. If there is a chance she will be pregnant again go buy a breeders net they are only like $5 and will protect the fry from being eaten.

It could be hiding too they can hide well but don't be surprised if it did or does get eaten.

Back
Top Bottom